Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Sale 7-16

Found myself picking up a couple more games today, which can be a good or bad thing, depending on how you look at it.


Buy:

Assassin's Creed 2 - Reviewed this one. Huge improvement over the first game. Just read what I've written for more info - $4.99

Dear Ester - Not your normal game. The thing is entirely story, and you explore this island to figure it all out. This will be a new one to me, but I haven't heard anything bad about it. $2.49.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - I have never heard a bad thing about this game, and it brings you back to the earlier days of bioware and their great rpgs. Once again, $2.49.

Pass:

Assassin's Creed 1 - Reviewed this one as well, and hated the game. Also $4.99.

Unknown:

Metro 2033 - Another game I have heard good things about, own, and have yet to try. Only $4.99 today.

Men of War - WWII RTS. I've always been partial to Company of Heroes for that era, but you may like this one better. $12.49 gets you the complete pack.

Iron Front - Apparently it's WWII day. Find this for $19.99.

RAGE - Here's a game that's fall in price pretty quickly, and one I've heard a lot of mixed reaction to. Still, if you are interested, this is the cheapest it's been (was $15 during the Christmas sale).

Age of Empires II - $9.99.

Assassin's Creed - For the games I haven't yet played. Complete pack is $34.99, while individual games are much less. Something to be aware of for all games 2 and on, you'll have to deal with Ubisoft's uPlay DRM.

Indie Bundle V (Audio Surf, Gemini Rue, Greed Corp, The Tiny Bang Story, Ys: The Oath in Felghana) - I've played AudioSurf, a racing game of sorts, that constructs the track based on your music. I think it was the game that started that whole "powered by your music" trend. I've also completed The Tiny Bang Story. It's a little point and click puzzler, with about 3 hours of gameplay, and an okay but not great game.

Limited Sales:

Mirror's Edge - Unique parkour based game. Kind of cool actually, and at $4.99, not a bad buy. About 5 hours of game time.

Dead Rising 2 - $9.99

Amnesia - $4.99 A must buy to see how games can be art, though if you're freaked out by the video, I would steer clear.

Civilization - $24.99 for the collection, which includes 3-5, save for the resent God's and Kings expansion.

Fear - $9.99 for the pack.


No comments:

Post a Comment