Saturday, November 24, 2012

Steam Autumn Sale 11-24

We're halfway through the sale now, and miraculously I haven't bought anything. That's probably a good thing though, since I haven't actually installed any of the games I picked up during the last sale, let alone gotten around to playing them. Still, there are a couple of recent deals, such as today or through the flash sales, that I've almost jumped on. I'll probably just wait for the best deals on the last day, and then hold off on the bigger games until the Winter Sale, though if they include achievements like they did last time, that could become very, very expensive.


Main Sale:

Borderlands 2 - If you go back and read the end of the post from the first day of the sale, I posed the question of if this game would come up on sale. What I didn't realize is that it would be 50% off. Holy purple cow! If you don't know about the purple cow, it's the idea that you're driving through the French country side, and while it's all beautiful, nothing really catches your attention until you see a purple cow. Why am I going on about that? Because that is how Gearbox has described their Borderlands series, with it's visual style and over-the-topness that makes it stand out in a world of post apocalyptic shooters (if you've never seen the original debut trailer, it resembles Fallout 3, or the later released RAGE). Anyways, I loved the first one, but I never put the grind in that others did, opting out of the multiplayer and the New Game + that is the endgame on this series. While the game is only $29.99 today, none of the DLCs are discounted, so if you get the Season Pass and the 1 additional character, you're looking at an additional $40.

F1 2012 -  If you're into that sort of thing, it's $24.99 today.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - If you don't have this yet, it's under $5, which is dirt cheap with how good this game is (suppposed to be). I can't imagine this game going any lower, so get it now. I got it back in March of this year and it was $13 for the base game and all three DLCs, but you can do the same today for under $10.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare - If I were still into multiplayer, I would probably get this. I don't know, maybe I've just been playing the witcher too much lately, but the idea of a first person game where I'm using a sword or bow instead of a UMP or a noob tube to kill my enemies just seems like it would satisfy some baser desires. $12.49 today.

Today War Shogun 2 - While the game is $10.19 today, you may want to consider some of the other packs its featured in, such as the Shogun 2 collection ($12.49), War Master Collection ($22.49), or the Grand Master Collection ($41.24), depending on if you want any/all of the other Total War games.

Mark of the Ninja - A beautiful looking game that has been on my wishlist for a while, one in which stealth is actually supposed to matter. If you're up for an action adventure indie title, today this is $7.49.


Flash Sales:

Call of Duty Black Ops - $19.99
Carrier Command - $24.99
Dawn of War 2 - $4.99
Mass Effect 2 - $5.99
Hotline Miami - $4.99
Fallen Enchantress - $19.99


As always, don't forget to check out the featured indie games. I've seen quite a few I didn't realize were on sale due to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment