Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Steam Autumn Sale 11-21

Today kicks off the second major Steam sale of the year (I'm not counting the Halloween sale, because that breaks the norm of three sales a year), though the Autumn sale is kind of the red headed stepchild of the Steam sales, being so close to the longer, larger, Winter sale, which generally has the same or better deals. Still, in following in the spirit of last time, I figured I'd post the games for sale each day, make a few comments, particularly if I've already reviewed it, and send you on your way.

So, about this sale. First, it marks the return of those flash sales - the shorter term sales that were started with the summer sale. There are 6 games up at a time this go round, but they are (currently) stagered in two groups of three, rather than one sale expiring every two hours like the last time. So less checking your computer, steam client, or mobile device. Other than that, things seem to be pretty normal, with the first batch of six games lasting until the 23rd, getting us through Thanksgiving day in the U.S.


Main Sale:

XCOM Enemy Unknown - While it's 33% off, it was actually 35% a week and a half ago or so at greenmangaming.com, but, given a foreign currency conversion (at least with my card, when made from the U.S.), the deals are probably the same. Personally, I'm holding off for a GOTY or otherwise complete edition, this is a great deal on a recent game, and you're not like to see better come Christmas. $33.49 for the next several hours if you're interested.

Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 - I was never a fan of this type of card games anyways, but at $4.99, I am almost tempted.

The Walking Dead - The episodic adventure game is 50% off today, which is convenient, because the fifth and final episode just game out. I've heard very good things about this game, both online and from Real Life friends, because I actually do have those (don't act surprised), and while the $12.49 price tag is tempting, I'm thinking it won't hurt to wait until the Christmas sale when it will either be the same price, or a bit less. Maybe 66%?

Darksiders II - I really liked the Zelda-esque game that was the first one, which was also one of my ealier reviews. Again, tempted, partly because it's only $16.99, and partly because I don't want THQ, the publisher, to go out of business without realeasing a few of the titles they have in their pipeline, such as Company of Heroes 2. Still, when the total for your DLC content is more than your game, that's a bit of a turn off.

Age of Empires III Complete - I'm out of my depth on this one, so I will just say it's 75% off at $9.99.

Terraria - Hey, look, a game I've actually reviewed.  Just click up top on the List of Reviews link, and you'll find it in there. But, in case you don't want to, the TL;DR version is I gave it an 8/10, and suggested you get it at $5, though today it can be yours for only $3.39.


Current Flash Sales:

Intrusion 2 - $3.39

The Amazing Spider-Man - $24.99

Operation Flashpoint Franchise - $13.74

Payday The Heist - $4.99

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - $2.49

Limbo - $2.49 This one has received both a written and video review. Check out both if you're interested, which you should be.



Don't forget to check out the Indie games section, to the right of the flash sales, where you'll find many games for 40-75% off, including these in the feature games section:

Sanctum - $2.49
World of Goo - $2.49
Waves - $2.49
Audiosurf - $2.49
Fortune Summoners - $9.99
CaveStory - $2.49
Qube- $3.74
E.Y.E. - $2.49
Krater - $5.09


There are tons of other games on sale as well, and looking at my wishlist right now, I see almost everything is 50% off.

So are you going to get any games today? Or are you hoping for something else to come up later in the sale? We've already seen XCOM, a game that is less than two months old, go on sale, so does the same hold for other games from that period, like Borderlands 2 or Dishonored? So far I'm thinking I'll be getting a few different indie games off my wishlist, such as Colour Bind and Mutant Blobs Attack!!!, as well as DLCs for SpaceChem, and maybe Quantum Conundrum.

No comments:

Post a Comment