Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Steam Holiday Sale 12-25

I hope you all had a good Christmas, at least if that's your thing. If it's not, I still hope you had a good day. If not, maybe some of today's sales will cheer you up, though after yesterday's massive wall of text, I find that I have surprisingly little to say.


Main Sale:


Magic The Gathering - The 2013 edition and it's expansions are all discounted by 50%, while the 2012 edition is available in a bundle that includes everything for that version for 75% off. It seems to be just a digital version of the classic card game.

Castle Crashers - I didn't pick this up during the Autumn sale, when, if my blog is correct, it was actually $0.10 cheaper than the current $5.09 price.

Batman Franchise - Durring the last moments of the Autumn sale I relented and picked up the Arkham City GOTY edition, thinking that it would probably be no worse than during the Holiday sale, and I was right, as it returns today for the same $7.49. You can also find the Arkham Asylum GOTY for $4.99. Haven't gotten around to playing either yet though. Additionally, and you may want to consider this, the game is supposed to be on sale for 60% off on greenmangaming.com tomorrow (12/26), but there is also a 30% off code you can use, persumably on top of that (GMG30-DPLIM-DN831) I don't know if that makes it 90% off, or if the 30% is applied on the reduced amount. I'll update this when I figure it out.

Hotline Miami - At $4.99 I'm going to pick this up. From what I understand it's one of those indie games that demands perfection of you, giving you no cushion for failure, a la Super Meat Boy, as you corridinate a killing spree, with various animal masks giving you special bonuses.

The Amazing Spider-Man - $24.99.

Deadlight - 2.5D zombie platformer/shooter. I'm debating this right now, as I had hoped it would be down around $5, which it might by the summer sale. I don't know, I'll probably waffle a bit, then buy it at the last minute. It might generally help if there was a demo.


Flash Sales:
Dark souls Prepare to Die Edition - $19.99 ($14.99 on Amazon.com)
Terraria - $3.39, reviewed, and it has been lower
Football Manager 2013 - $19.99
Awesomenauts - $3.39
Team Fortress Holiday Pack - $10.09 (seriously?)
Eve retribution - $4.99

Community Choice
Towns - $7.49


Winners today would seem to be the Batman Franchise, as well as Hotline Miami and Deadlight, though I would expect both of those to fall further in the future. The other games aren't my forte, but, with the exception of Spiderman, are significantly cheap enough to allow a low risk buy in.

No comments:

Post a Comment