Sunday, December 23, 2012

Steam Holiday Sale 12-23

Things picked up a little steam for me today, with the continuation of heavy discounts on THQ titles, as well as some really good flash sales. We also see a bit more software today (yuck!). And now games that were featured in flash sales are starting to pop up in the community choice, which is what happened during the summer sale. Unfortunately, my voting record isn't very good - I consistently pick the losers.



Main Sale

Saint's Row III - The THQ discount madness continues with the complete Saint's Row III pack for $7.49, which is a $5 drop from what is was just a month ago, and I doubt it would ever go much lower, maybe hitting $5, but that's such a small change at this point, I would get it now if you want it. At this point I'm not actually sure if getting the THQ bundle would be the way to go unless you didn't have any of the titles, which covers several great games. For me, I've already picked up Darksiders and now Saints Row, which pretty much completes my collection of THQ games.

Street Fighter IV - $13.49 today, which is apparently 75% off the very odd retail price of $53.99.

Carrier Command Gaea Mission - Continuing the trend of odd numbers, this one is 42% off to make it $28.99.

Portal Franchise - Reviewed! At this point in the game, every respectable gamer should have Portal (they've given it away for free before), but if you don't each game is individually available for $2.49 for the original and $4.99 for #2. Or if you don't have either, you can get both for $6.24, which is a great deal on these two games. Personally, I loved the first game, and while the second game felt far more fleshed out, I wasn't as impressed with it, which you can read all about in my review for that title. Still, I absolutely would recommend these games today.

Anno 2070 - Still pricey, this one. Depending on if you get the base game, the deluxe edition, or the package that includes DLC, you're looking at $19.99, $21.99, or $39.99, respectively. One thing to be aware, because I am uncertain if they ever changed it, but this game did originally ship with activation limits that would detect changes in your hardware, such as changing your graphics card. After three uses, you were locked out. Remember, this is a Ubisoft game.

Chivalry Medieval Warfare - Same deal as during the Autumn sale a month ago, $12.49. Unfortunately, I'm not into multiplayer games.


Flash Sales:
CameraBag 2 - $5.09
Fly'n - $4.99
Lone Survivor - $3.29
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition - $7.49
Tower Wars - $4.99
STALKER - $8.74


Community Choice:
The Walking Dead - $12.49

No comments:

Post a Comment