Thursday, December 20, 2012

Steam Holiday Sale 12-20

So it is time once again to open your wallets and part with some hard earned (or perhaps ill-gotten) cash and pick up some new games. This post will be a bit sort today because I find myself without a computer, and not having a keyboard isn't a good idea when it comes to posting long drawn out articles.

In general this sale seems to just be a continuation of what we have seen in sales this year - a main sale of several games, flash sales, and the return of community choice sales, but no achievements or other form of contest.

In addition to what you find on Steam, I would also check out places like greenmangaming.com amazon or gog.com for other great sales due to the holiday season.

Main Sale:

Scribblenauts - $19.99

Wargame- $9.99

Hitman franchise - Includes various games from the series, but most importantly you can get the latest title for $24.99.

Mirror's Edge - I enjoyed this first person free running game, though it is a bit different than anything else, and I'm certain I never played it to it's full potential. Expect about 5 hours of gameplay for the agreeable price of $4.99.

Borderlands franchise - Same here as during the autumn sale. With a discount on DLC to go with it, as well as the plenty of packs on the way, I'm passing on the sequel at $29.99. I do still recommend the first game to anyone who is interested in an FPSRPG game though, because it is quite good. Just make sure to get the goty version.

Prince of Persia - $2.99.

There are more sales in the form of flash and community choice, as well as some publisher packs that are great deals if you're looking for a couple of games, such as the THQ pack, but I won't say anything more for now because my thumbs are starting to hurt. See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I'm uncertain on Prince of Persia collection at 12.50, nothing else here that catches my eye.

    Divinity Anthology is on a flash sale at $15.00 for the three. Great games if you don't have them, but since their all only 50% off there is no reason to hurry and buy, they'll undoubtedly be cheaper in future sales.

    ReplyDelete