Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Steam Holiday Sale 1 - 1

Welcome everyone to a new year!  I'm going to pause for a second here and just reflect on 2012. It wasn't too bad of a year if I do say myself. My first review was way back in January of '12, and I'd say I've come a long way since. During the year I managed 42 unique reviews, though only 8 video reviews. Still, for a single guy doing all this, I'd say that's pretty good. Since I did a mad rush of reviews later yesterday, adding in four more more before the close of the year, I am completely caught up on reviews, so I'll have to play more games. Actually, that's not completely true. I stopped doing video reviews in there at some point, but have several games I'd still like to cover. Maybe that's what I'll do, focus on getting those video reviews out over the next couple of weeks, while rebuilding a bit of a buffer. So if there is a game you'd really like me to review, particularly if it's one you can find in this list, let me know, because now would be the time to ask.


Main Sale:

Transformers Franchise - I swear this was just on sale, though that might have been just a flash sale, or even a main sale during Autumn. Either way, there are five items here" Fall of Cybertron is $29.99, and War for Cybertron, as well as three DLCs for the aformentioned Fall are all $4.99.

War of The Roses - This one has come around on sale a bit recently, and today you can find it for it's usual $14.99.

Awesomenauts - Another game that seems to be on sale pretty often. I believe $3.39 is it's usual sale price.

Total War Franchise - Another series that comes up during these sales. There are several ways to go about buying this. One would be the Grand Master Collection for $41.24. Or, if you just want the base games rather than the more complete pack, there is the Master Collection for $22.49. Then there are a ton of individual titles on sale, and some of them, such as Shogun 2, come with their own complete pack. Basically, if you're interested in this one, you'll have to do a bit of research to figure out what fits you best.

Max Payne Franchise - Now this is the kind of discount I like to see, and really a perfect example of why it pays to wait a few months before getting a new title. The first two Max Payne games can be purchased in a bundle for $3.74. The latest game, which just came out at the end of May, is 75% off it's list price, at a very nice $14.99. Though, if you want to get all the DLCs, you'll want to get the Rockstar Pass, because it's the cheaper way to go at $7.49.

Torchlight - Two great titles here, though I have only played the original. Still, the series is a fun RPG that's not too dissimilar from the original Diablo, where you just work your way down through caves and whatnot. There are all kinds of interesting mechanics, such as companion pets that can help attack, or act as inventory space, or even run back to the store and sell all of that stuff for you. The game is bright, as opposed to the gothic like look people seem to prefer in Diablo, and has plenty of special effects for "oohs" and "awwws." I paid full price for the original, but today it's only $3.74. Or, if you want the second game, you can get that for $9.99. Pretty much the winners out of today's deals, and I found that I picked up a 4 pack myself..


Flash Sales:
Anna - $3.39
Ridge Racer Unbounded - $11.89
Prototype Franchise - $4.99 for 1, $19.99 for 2, and $4.99 for some DLC for 2
Crysis Collection - $17.49 for Crysis, 2, and Warhead.
Towns - $7.49
Rage - $4.99

Comunity Choice:
Dead Island GOTY - $6.79

2 comments:

  1. The MP deal is great. $3.74 for two of the best games ever and pretty cheap price for the newest one.

    You could review Rift since you have over 800 hours played on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about Rift. Even though I put in so much time, being an MMO things are always changing. A lot of time has passed since I quit back in 2011, and I know they recently added an expansion pack.

      Plus, after pouring so much of my free time into that and another MMO, I've kind of sworn off the genre. Instead I take all that time and play a variety of games, all of which end up being reviewed here :-)

      Delete