Sunday, November 30, 2014

Steam Exploration Sale 11-30-14



Once again, hello! A lot of good titles on sale today, but, unfortunately, many are still very pricey. Which ones should you invest your hard earned cash on? Read below to find out!


48 Hour Deals

Divinity Original Sin - This looks like a great game, and it's been on my wishlist for a while now. The catch is that even though it's on sale today, this RPG is $26.79, and I'm just not willing to part with that much cash for a hobby/interest/passtime that I'm able to devote less time to than I'd like (read: I already have a big list of unplayed games).

Arma III - The latest version of the military sim series made most popular by Day Z. As with several other games, this one is on sale, but that doesn't mean it's cheap, considering it's $29.99.

Legend of Grimrock II - The first game looked really solid, and is in my library and on my to play list. However, once again it's still pricey, coming in at $17.99.

Train Simulator 2015 - Ah yes, the train sim game. It's $8.24. Not that this includes a couple of different DLCs, making it a good deal (versus paying for everything individually.

Plague Inc. - One of those games that looks cool, but since it's still early access, I'd recommend holding off. It's $10.04.

Saints Row 4 - Now here's a good deal. The fourth entry in the ridiculous sandbox game is now $4.99, with the complete "Game of the Century Edition" coming in at $7.49. Worth it!

Dishonored - This shooter that supposedly contains a lot of choice instead left a lot to be desired, so much so that I gave up on the game after about 20 hours. There are a total of 10 skills, though I'd only ever use 3 of them (I played it stealth style), and generally felt that much of the game was lacking. The main game is $4.99, while the GOTY edition is $10.19. Recommended only if you don't have anything else to play, really.

Gauntlet - Oh man, this one brings back memories of the classic N64/arcade game. Logged so many hours on that action game, just endlessly throwing axes at monsters filing out of a cave... This reboot is $9.99, which puts it up there in price more than I'd like. Maybe I'll just go dust off my 64...

Far Cry - The whole franchise is on sale, ranging from $2.49 for the first two games to $7.49 for the latest one. The real deal is the franchise pack, which, at $9.99, is the same price as the deluxe version of Far Cry 3.


24 Hour Deals

Just Cause - As with Far Cry, the version you want to get (and you do in fact want to get this open world sandbox game), is the collection, which included both games and all DLCs, for $3.79.

Torchlight 2 - Reviewed! Absolutely, 100% recommend this ARPG. It's $4.99 right now, which is it's usual sale price.

The Secret World- This different MMO no longer requires a subscription, but it does still require $11.99.

Grand Theft Auto 4 - Played this sand box game, but it didn't hold my interest. Less engaging that the story for others in the genre, like say Sleeping Dogs. It's $4.99 for the base game, with various other packages available.

Age of Wonders 3 - Uh oh, fantasy oriented 4x strategy game. I could be in trouble here. What's it cost? $13.59? Nope, I'm good now.

Risen 3 - I've not tried this RPG series, but it does look intriguing. It's

Street Fighter 4 - It's $17.19 today.

Transistor - One of several games I've been looking forward to, particularly after the dev's last game (Bastion), but I'm not ready to pick it up at $9.99.

Rocksmith - It's $20.39. Both cable and guitar not included.

Papers Please - A title that I'm currently playing, and would tenatively recommend at today's $2.99 price. You play a border customs agent, with the simple task of admiting or denying people entry into your country. Sounds easy, right? Not so. New rules about what you must look for are added each day, your bills go up, your child needs medicine, and then someone offers you a bribe to let them in. What do you do?

Resident Evil 6 - I've not touched the series since it departed from the classic setup (the two Wii games excluded). I've also heard this game isn't that good. That, plus the $9.99 price tag will keep me away from it.



So that's it for today. As I said, several good games, but many of them still too pricey for my taste. Instead I would recommend Saints Row, Torchlight, and Just Cause for several great games at a price that won't break the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment